August 26, 2011

Greetings from the Mediterranean.  We spent 2 nights in Cannes. We found the red carpet and hand prints from many stars.  I was surprised that Jack Nickolson's hand print was so small but Sylvester Stallone's hand print was just as large as I expected.  


Monique and Denis with us in San Raphael

We were absolutely delighted to meet our dear friends Monique and Denis in Saint Raphael, about 20 miles South of Cannes .  I have known Monique since I was 8 when I traveled with my parents to Belgium.  Monique's husband Jean, was a business associate of my Dad's.  Monique is like an aunt to me and I love her dearly.  Although our get together was way too short, it was wonderful to spend time with her and Deny.  


We are enjoying swimming and eating.  Amy and I are catching up on our beauty sleep and lolling at the beach.  Mark has been very patient but does not like sitting around so this part of the vacation has been a bit of a challenge for him.  






Amy had a wonderful time on her 28 day trip with GAP Travel.  She declared she had the best time of her life.  It is such a pleasure to share our love of traveling with her.  


Not much to report from this end but for all my East Coast family and friends it certainly sounds like you are having a stressful time: an earthquake and a hurricane all in less than a week.  Please keep us posted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment